Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Andrew

Hey there everyone,
Just wanted to ask you all to keep my brother-in-law Andrew in mind today. He was in a pretty serious accident yesterday on his motorbike. No other cars were involved, he just lost control of the bike. He flew 30 feet and landed in a ditch (thankfully) - he was just about to merge onto a very busy road, where the cars all travel at about 100 kph, so he was very lucky to land in the ditch. He was taken by ambulance to a hospital where they started to assess his injuries, but decided to transfer him to a different hospital with a trauma unit that would be better able to help him out.
As far as I know right now it looks like he has a cracked pelvis in 3 places, one broken toe, and one crushed toe, that might possibly need to be partially amputated. I'm waiting to hear more from Leanne about if he'll need surgery or what is going on. But I just wanted to share that with you and ask those of you who are praying types to please pray for him today. I'll definitely keep you posted as I know more.
Thanks,
Colleen

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear, Colleen! Hope he's feeling better soon!