So, I've said it before, but I'll say it again... its all in your mind. I can't believe how much my thinking affects my perception of myself, which affects how I act and what I eat and whether I exercise - i.e. I have felt like a failure and therefore when I look in the mirror, I see nothing but fat, and so I eat whatever to comfort myself and don't even bother to exercise.
I KNOW.
It sounds stupid.
But that is the way my brain works and I know its the way a lot of people's brains work - sadly.
So, yesterday, I went to a WW meeting and I didn't want to pay to weigh in cuz I'd already done my weigh in for January, but I decided to be brave and get on the scale before I went. I almost didn't cuz I thought I'd probably gained about 5 pounds over the past 3 weeks -because that's what I thought and I convinced myself when I looked in the mirror that I looked 4 pounds heavier and everything.
But I was brave, and got on that scale, and guess what? I haven't gained anything - at all! I am exactly the same weight I was 3 weeks ago.
I was shocked. Really shocked. And after I found that out, I went and looked in the mirror and suddenly couldn't see that extra fat! How ridiculous!
Anyway, I'm carrying on with my attempts to get my eating/exercise and weight back where I want them. I'm still 8.6 pounds above my WW official goal weight and actually about 20.6 pounds above MY goal weight for myself. I would like to get there one day - lots of people think I'm silly, but I'm not. I would really like to have that buffer between MY goal weight and my WW goal weight, so that if something happens and I start to gain like I have over the past 7 months, that my high weight would still be a healthy weight for me - and one that I can still go to the WW meetings for free!
Okay, so todays points (23 total):
Mini wheats -3
Treadmill +2
yogurt & crackers -2
muffin & cheese -4
coffee -1
1/2 grilled cheese and veggies & elan's leftover icecream cone -5
supper-4
vitamuffin -1
WORK +2
spaghetti and veggies at 11 pm -5
vitamuffin and icecream -3
LEFT: -1
1 comment:
Isn't that funny...you're doing better than you thought!
You gotta do what's best for you and if you don't get down to that goal weight, you'll always wonder, won't you? Give'er lady!!! You can do it. Just be careful you don't burn yourself out.
Post a Comment