Thursday, February 11, 2010

Yummy Butternut Squash Soup

I made one of my favorite recipes for supper yesterday - a delicious Butternut Squash Soup that I highly recommend to everyone! It is super low in points and super delicious - SUPER delicious. (Like, Trevor stole my leftovers for his lunch today even though its my "weight watchers" soup delicious!) If you check out the link, and try it out, I recommend omitting the frying in butter part at the beginning - you can just cook the veggies in the soup broth instead, omitting a ton of calories. Also, I baked the squash in the oven first, and then its MUCH easier to peel. And last, I seasoned it with salt and pepper, like the recipe says, but then also added cinnamon and brown sugar, and VOILA - its awesome. And very very few point for a very filling and delicious meal!

Today's Points:
Treadmill +1
French Toast and OJ -5
donut bite -1
nuts -2
1/2 granola bar -1
cookie -2
strawberries -1
casserole and soup -4
cookie -2
nuts -1
chicken, potatoes, and salad -7
cupcake -3
coffee -1
snack -4
fruit crisps (and the LAST snack of the day!!!) -2
LEFT:-11

No comments: