Monday, April 12, 2010

WW Success Story

I really liked this success story that I read today and thought I'd share it with you:
http://www.weightwatchers.ca/success/art/index.aspx?SuccessStoryId=7121&sc=17

I think the main reason I loved it is that this lady lost 115 pounds (!!!) and it took her 3 years to do it. She said most of her losses were about 1/2 pound per week, and that the important thing is to not give up. I needed to hear that, because it can be frustrating for me a lot of times when other people I know can lose like 2 pounds per week as soon as they put their minds to it. I'm a slower loser, and that can be frustrating, so it was nice to hear this lady's story.

To keep you posted, I'm on Day 36 today. I realized that it was becoming a little too "optional" for me to try to be perfect for these 50 consecutive days, and the way I was going, it could've ended up taking 365 days to do my 50 days of perfection! :o) So, Trevor and I agreed that if I could do the last 37 days actual in a row - then I will buy myself a new pair of jeans at the end as a reward. So, I'm on it - I did the last 2 days right, which was tough! We decided this at 4:00 on Saturday, and I had only 6 and a 1/2 points left for the day and was having a friend over to watch a movie that evening too!! But I pulled it off and managed through yesterday too.

I'll be going to WW tomorrow and weighing in - and hopefully staying for the meeting too. I'm realizing more and more that the meetings are a huge part of my success... so I'll do my best to go - even if I have 2 crazy kids in tow, I guess!

but, the kids are up to something, so i'd better run... Bye! :o)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looking forward to hearing how your WI went. hugs.