I canNOT believe that its been three and a half months since I have posted here!! Honestly, that is insane. One might be lead to believe that I have given up altogether on WW and that I am gaining weight hopelessly. Thankfully, that is not the case. I have been plugging away since November - doing what was my best at the time to eat what I should and still live my life. And the result has been to maintain the weight I was in November.
I joined Weight Watchers Online in November, and honestly I have really been liking it for many reasons. However, the reason that I initially joined was to find a support group of people who would hold me accountable and stick with me, and that is the one thing I am not impressed with the WW online for. I feel like a total island - no one knows I'm there, and so I could disappear and no one would care or call me on it. And that is not good. So, that is something I'm still searching for me in my life - an accountability system (of people who are like me or who understand what it is like).
But the thing I DO like about WW online is the way it is set up for tracking what you eat and when you exercise and how it calcluates point for you - especially the way it calculates points even of recipes you make and things. There is no more excuse to not know the number of points of something you're eating! I love that.
Anyway, that is what I have been up to around here. I was recently inspired to start blogging about my weight loss/food addiction issues again by a blog I came across called Diary of a Fat Dad. It is inspiring to me that he lays it all out there for the world to read and is honest about his thoughts and feelings. I admit that I have often used this blog as a place to post when I'm doing well, or close to doing well - and not so much when I struggle. But that is HARD to do - to lay it all out there. I have been inspired to try anyway. But for now, I'm just here - making sure my blog hasn't disappeared - and saying hello. I'm not committing to anything yet, just saying that I'm thinking about it!
Oh, and p.s. another blog I'm loving these days is a friend of mine's from high school - she's on a mission to turn herself into a slim and muscular goddess or something! :) You can check her blog out here - called Chunky Monkey: Slaying the Fat Monster. :)
That's it for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment