Saturday, May 24, 2008

How Stupid Am I??

Okay, I know we're not supposed to talk about ourselves like that. Sorry. But, I just wanted to share a wee little story. Earlier this week I had to miss my WW meeting and my weigh-in for the week. I somehow had gotten it in my head that I probably hadn't lost weight last week and so I was a little bit down. I got on my scale at home, which is not digital - its one of those spinny dial kind. The numbers are only labeled at every 20 pounds. So, when I weighed myself, I thought it said just below 190 - like maybe 189 pounds. And I was so sad that I had gained a few pounds, cuz I'd really been trying last week.

SO, what did I do? I got all depressed and fell a bit off the bandwagon this week - overate in the evenings and stuff. WHY?? Why, when I think I'm failing do I have to make it worse by failing some more??

THEN, yesterday I got on the scale again, and at first thought it said the same thing. BUT then I realized - it was actually saying just below 185 - not 190. So, I was actually 184ish pounds - which would be a loss of 2 pounds for me!!

And so WHAT DO I DO?? I think to myself - "wow, if I've lost 2 pounds, that means I can really do this! I'd better keep up the good work!!" And I get back on the bandwagon.

How's that for backwards thinking?? Oh, I am just so silly. Silly, silly, silly!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We all do it! This journey is such a head game. You're doing awesome. Keep it up.