:o)
Thanks Shayne, you are so right. Yeah, just to explain Weight Watchers (WW) a bit more - the way it works is that every day we have a certain number of points worth of food that we can eat. Each point represents a certain number of calories. Every food has a points value. SO, for example, someone might have 25 points worth of food that they can eat in a day. So, they'll write down everything they eat and keep track of their points. For example, an apple is worth 1 point, a peice of bread is worth 2 points, a teaspoon of butter is worth 2 points, a bag of chips is like a zillion points :o) and so on. Vegetables are FREE, by the way - zero points for as many carrots or cucumbers or whatever that you can eat (as long as they're not covered in butter or dipped in dressing!!)
Activity points (APs) are when you exercise to get some points back. How this works really depends on what your current weight is. The heavier you are, the easier it is to get APs. The lighter you are, the longer or harder you have to exercise to gain a point back. SO, an example of this is if I go for a 20 minute walk, I will gain back 1 point. Or, if I run for 10 minutes, I'll probably get 2 points. The way we figure this out is with a points "slider" that helps us to calculate the number of points a certain amount of exercise will be for our weight. We also have a points slider that can calculate how many points food is based on the number of calories in it, and the amount of fat and fibre in it. For example, if a food had 60 calories, 2 grams of fat, and 1 gram of fibre it would be worth one point.
I was gonna type more but William is freaking out needing me and we're just about to go to Saskatoon for the weekend, so I'm gonna have to leave this at that. Hope that helps you a bit! I know that you knew most of that Shayne, but just thought I'd type it all in case there is someone that didn't know!
:o)
1 comment:
Thank you, thank you. That really helps a lot with keeping up with you. I feel in the loop now. Thanks.
Hope you have a great weekend, seeing the Phantom of the Opera!!!
Shayne
Post a Comment