That is what I've been reminding myself of since yesterday evening, when after officially achieving a 40 pounds weight loss, I proceeded to come home, bake cookies, and easily consume at least 30 points worth of cookie dough and cookies - probably more.
BOO BOO BOO
But - I am always talking about not letting little slip-ups cause you to fall down, and so I am trying to take my own advice and look for the positive in this.
And here it is:
1. Last night's binge was my first binge since I started this whole "lose 10 pounds in 10 weeks" thing - which was on Tuesday, January 6th... which means that I didn't binge like a crazy person once in 5 whole weeks. Which I am proud of.
2. I'm glad I did it because it reminded me how much I hate overeating. I felt SO GROSS after and I felt so guilty and my self-esteem took a down turn and I just re-realized that pigging out isn't the fun that people often think it is.
3. Feeling fat and overfull yesterday motivated me more to exercise today, so I actually got up this morning at 6:30 and had finished my treadmill routine by 7:15 am. That made me feel good.
So, those are the positive things I'm taking from this. I know for a fact that my home-made cookies are my biggest downfall. For the longest time, I wasn't even allowed to make them (by my own rules). Then this week, we decided that we want to stop spending money on pre-packed-type foods for Trevor's lunch and start making them and packing them ourselves (ie. pudding, applesauce, cookies, rice krispie squares, V8 bottles, etc...) BUT, which item on that list did I proceed to prepare at home first?? The cookies. Big mistake.
And so, I think I've decided that for the couple extra dollars a month, cookies will have to continue to be the one item that we buy prepacked.
On another note - I had to up my jogging routine again today (every Weds is a new week in the program) and before I started, I really didn't think I'd be able to do it - I thought I'd totally die of exaustion - but after last night, I was more motivated to try - and I DID it and am feeling so proud and good and full of energy now. Hooray.
Here is what I'm on this week:
Theres always a brisk 5 minute walk to warm up first.
Then I did a 3 minute jog, 90 second walk, 5 minute jog, 2 and a half minute walk, 3 minute jog, 90 second walk, 5 minute jog, and then a cool down walk (which was about 4 minutes I think).
Seriously, if you'd asked me earlier in my life if I thought I'd ever do this on purpose (and enjoy it!!) - I would have said you're crazy!! If I can start doing this exercise, ANYONE CAN. So, if you happen to be one of my readers who doesn't exercise but wishes they did - I know how you feel and I just want to say that you can do it. Start slow with walking or whatever. You'll be happy you did.
One more thing - I just wanted you to know that I am currently wearing a pair of hand-me-down pants from my sister-in-law (Thanks Kerri!) that are SIZE NINE!!!!! (This is the first size 9 I think I've ever worn ... or at least I never wore a size 9 in my life before WW last time around). I can't believe they fit and I'm super excited about that. I got them last summer when we were visiting Chad and Kerri - back when I was size 16 or so. I took them in good faith that I would one day get to the point of fitting into them and here I am!! Yay! :o) So, these pants and the jogging this morning are making my day and I just wanted to share that with you.
Have a Happy Wednesday Friends!!!
4 comments:
Way to go Colleen. Exercise...what a concept. I skipped two opportunities to buy mini eggs yesterday...your example is making me think.
That is AWESOME Colleen! Yay for making it to size 9!!!! I also think that you have an amazing attitude towards this journey that you are on. Good for you for not letting last night's binge drag you down. I should really try that fitness program for on the treadmill. It sounds really positive.
Colleen I am so proud of you. I tried to phone you this morning but your line was busy and then I got busy and now I am sad that I never talked to you today, but the positive is to read this and see how well you are doing. Exercise~huh~ what a concept. Who would have thought that it could be fun?!? SO glad that you are on this great journey to take care of yourself and your family. Keep up the great work. Love you lots, Shayne
That is so great! Nothing feels better than fitting into clothes that you really hoped you would one day. You are only one size above me!! My pants are a 7/8! Man, I'd love to see you right now. You are so amazing.
I understand the cookie dough thing. That's my one downfall. I wanted some so badly last night. I want to try and find a recipe that has non-refined sugars (like using maple syrup, honey, or something like that) and a lot less butter/margerine so that I feel less guilty about it..haha.
Post a Comment