Saturday, October 20, 2012

"Voice of Recovery" for October 20, 2012

I haven't been to a meeting for 9 days, and i did get to one this morning, but had to leave early.  All that to say, I went to another one tonight, and thought I'd share the reading for it too...  I have to say that this reading scares me - I think I'm in the "pink cloud effect" right now... and I know that it won't always be the easy or inspiring to be a part of OA... I guess its like with any other program - it won't always be perfect.  Anyway, here is the reading:

________________________________________
VOICES OF RECOVERY~
"Just as a sponsor is not responsible for the sponsoree's disease, neither are we responsible for her or his recovery."  ~A Guide for Sponsors, p. 12~ 

As I grow in the program of Overeaters Anonymous, I need to recall how it was in the early days of abstinence.    The pink cloud effect made me believe that everyone could do just as I was doing. 
After having several sponsorees drop out of OA, and others who found recovery in different ways,  I came to the awareness that I was not "in charge." 

Each person has his own path.  I need to follow what is best for me and let go of other people's programs.
_______________________________________

No comments: