Monday, February 2, 2009

This Weight In History

I think I've mentioned before that I have always been an overweight kind of person. And so, I don't remember ever being 160 pounds as I was growing up - I was probably too young to care about what I weighed when I was 160 pounds as a kid. The first I can recall, I was already in the 180's and then when I started to be proactive about my weight, I was 213 pounds. The first thing I did as an adult was the Weigh Down Diet - as I've mentioned before. I started that at 203 pounds in May, 1997 and over the next 4 years, lost about 40 pounds, eventually getting down to 160 pounds in the summer of 2001. Here is a picture of me taken then:

This was me at my lightest ever - and I loved it. However, it didn't last. I got as low as 157 (when I had the flu in the fall of 2001) and then slowly started to gain it back until I had William and eventually joined Weight Watchers in May of 2006. I then started to lose again, and it was December, 2006 when I finally got back to my lowest weight ever of 160. Here is a picture of me then: (What was with my hair!!!??!!) :o)
I continued to lose till goal, and then the rest is history. But I thought I'd share this with you, because I am now at this significant weight again - finally just below 160 - and it feels good. This is the weight at which I start to get some self-confidence and start to see that I CAN be thin. And so, I will keep-a-going. Just for good measure, here is a picture of me now (at about 159 pounds):

6 comments:

caseyshayne+3 said...

WOOHOO COLLEEN!!!! Look at your teeny tiny waist. It is great!

Was that crazy hair picture taken out our trip? I think I might recognize that lego man!

You are so beautiful!

"Just keep swimming, just keeping swimming, swimming, " (A little finding nemo song)

Unknown said...

So very proud of you and you look amazing!!!!

Leanne said...

Holy Crap! You are a hot momma! Your hair is Gorgeous! And your waist is TINY! Seriously, you look like a blond bombshell! Wow! (all exclamation points in this post I would like to point out)
I'm SO proud of you!!!!!!

Leanne said...

PS: Yes, your hair kinda is a bit psycho there...

Thinking About Compassion said...

Wow! I agree...hot momma!!

Jinny said...

Colleen, you look so beautiful! :) Wow. I'm so proud of you.