Okay, well since I've had a wee bit of stress in my life this week (see this post for more info...) I have been, well, definitely overeating and its been definitely emotional eating. Today when I was leaving the hospital, I was so stressed and upset, I seriously and CONSCIOUSLY stopped at the kiosk on the way out and bought myself a turtles chocolate brownie and ate the whole thing just to try to make myself feel better. Didn't work. So, at the gas station on the way out of town, I bought a small pack of those 2 bite chocolate chip cookies and a small pack of 2 bite cinnamon buns and ate BOTH of those too on the way home from Regina.
Yeah, that's my confession to y'all. And it didn't really make me feel much better, but I have to say it did make me feel a wee little bit better. That's just being brutally honest there.
But of course, when I find out that I've gained weight this week instead of losing, I will not feel better at all. Especially since I'm only 0.6 pounds away from getting to a loss of 15 pounds, at which point, I'll get some fun shiny stickers at my WW meeting.
Oh well.
All is not lost. I can start over. And really I don't have to wait till tomorrow to start over. I could really start over right now cuz there are still 3 hours left in this here day. Hmmm.... Maybe.
3 comments:
oh the joys of emotional meeting.
Consider this a big virtual hug. I've learned a lot about emotional eating this past year with all our Finleigh issues and you know what? Emotional eating DOES make me feel better - sometimes, if I find the right food. And I still allow for a little of it. You're doing it right (I think anyways) when you can restart quickly and you don't spiral into a 2 week binge. :)
You had to travel during this too! Another hard thing cuz it's not like you can necessarily do all the other stress relieving things you might if you weren't stuck in a car and eating restaraunt food.
Agh, I'm a bad emotional eater too. I tell myself that I "deserve" that treat for the lousy day I've had. But I do agree with Amanda, small doses are okay....once in a while.
Post a Comment