Monday, March 2, 2009

REASON FIVE - My Children

(I had written a post earlier today that has disappeared through a series of silly events, and so I'm stuck writing a quick re-cap instead!)
MY CHILDREN are one of my biggest motivators for this weight loss journey - for 3 main reasons:
1. I want to ensure that they learn to develop a healthy relationship with food, calories, fat, treats, exercise, and with themselves. I want them to learn to take care of themselve, but not to obsess about it. And I want to lead by example.
2. I want them to be proud of their Mama (even though they probably would be proud of me, regardless of how I look).
3. I want to have the energy required to keep up with them and to have fun with them - playing outside and stuff -not just telling them to exercise and play, but doing it with them.

I love those kids and I want to be the best Mommy possible for them - and for me that means pulling my food-addicted exercise-loathing self together and learning how to be a better person for myself first. Then I can share that with them.

xo

1 comment:

caseyshayne+3 said...

Those kids are so beautiful and you are setting such a good example for them. Just think, they already have a better start than you. You are a great MOM!!! Your kids are blessed to have you.